One of the fastest growing cities in the DFW area was looking to becoming a leading Venture Capital, Startup friendly and Smart City in the country. The result? Our assessment tool and methodologies provided our client with specific recommendations and a roadmap for implementation.
Amazech team used the standard approach of Plan, Listen, Collect, Analyze, & Develop a Roadmap, and performed the following list of activities for the project:
- Plan Developed – A detailed project plan with weekly milestones and frequent deliverables was developed.
- Interview and Data Collection Process – Since collecting stakeholders input and available data was critical to benchmarking and understanding expectations, a data collection process was developed by Amazech and approved by the city.
- Interview Stakeholders and Documents Required – A list of stakeholders to be interviewed was jointly developed with the city and the Amazech team and refined along the way. A detailed list of required available system data and documents was also developed.
- Conduct Interviews, Receive Documents and Data – A critical amount of time was spent conducting stakeholder interviews and collecting available data from the city engineers.
- Record Observations – Each interview was documented in detail and the city data was documented in a proprietary Amazech Smart City Assessment Calculator.
- Analyze Data – The recorded observations, along with the city data and documentation collected were analyzed in detail. Trend analysis was conducted along with a SWOT assessment and gap analysis.
- Document Recommendations – Using data from other cities, recent technology trends, and Amazech smart city expertise, a preliminary list of recommendations was developed and later finalized with the city.
- Develop KPIs, Strategy and Roadmap – Using the NIST Smart City Framework as a starting point, Smart City KPIs, strategy, and a roadmap were developed for the city.
- Final Delivery – The final findings, recommendations, KPIs and roadmap were presented both in a detailed report and a summary PowerPoint presentation.